Thursday, April 8, 2010

another beautiful life lost


Tonight I commend to you the life of Lieutenant Robert Collins, West Point Class of 2008, Company B4. He was killed either today or yesterday in Iraq, the details are uncertain right now and I will share as they come in. I was in the same company as Bobby for 2 years and he was my Cadet Field Training platoon sergeant for three weeks during my sophomore summer. He had an undefeatable attitude and an unwavering smile, the last guy you would ever want to see get killed in action. As we say in our song The Corps: "and when our work is done, our course on earth is run, may it be said well done, be though at peace."

Whoever planted the IED that killed Bobby, I sure as hell hope you have a good response ready when you answer whatever God you pray to. And I kinda hope you meet that God soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment