Wednesday, March 31, 2010

life after the army

It's funny to think that I'm already thinking about the things I want to do when I get discharged from the army, whether it's in five or twenty years, but there are a bunch of things that have appeared on my "bucket list" lately. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to fund all this stuff, maybe I should just bank winning the lottery! And it all should happen before I move to Montana and establish my self-sufficient compound/community there (sort of like what they do in the movie The Village; btw, I'm now accepting applications for people to join, a useful skill is preferred. So far we've got a farmer, a hunter/fisher, a preacher, and a soap maker. The outfits are negotiable).

-go bungee jumping
-hike the Grand Canyon rim to rim
-hike the entire Appalachian trail
-sail around the world
-do at least a year of international service/aid work
-attend a culinary school
-serve an enlisted term in the Coast Guard
-start my own business or non-profit organization
-ride bike across the country (like a pedal kind, not a motor kind)
-jump out of an airplane

I know that I'll at least do one of these, in November at the latest, when Uncle Sam sends me through Airborne school!

No comments:

Post a Comment