Sunday, May 2, 2010

sage wisdom from a friend

One of my best friends graduated from West Point last year and we keep in loose contact. He is a platoon leader in 1-73 Cav in the 82nd Airborne. Every now and then he'll send me a text or email with something funny/interesting/cool. I kind of wish he would more often, but here's what we got so far...

-your first year as an LT will fly by, yet it will feel like forever since you were back at WP. Interesting.

-"Words mean stuff" -SFC Kirkeby, out at CP37 Fort Knox KY

-Quote of the day from one of my soldiers: "Sir, are pants optional for this mission tomorrow?".... I kinda want to say sure... only because I don't want to have to wear pants either

1 comment:

  1. Chris was just mentioning this morning how he couldn't believe how fast the year went. He said he never could have imagined that, in one short year, he'd be sitting in a computer room in Iraq and we'd be talking via Skype every day.

    ReplyDelete